Traditional Chinese Medicine – Acupuncture
Traditional Chinese Medicine
Chinese medicine is documented for more than 5000 years and is one of the oldest medicines and the one that has been more practiced throughout human history. It’s a medicine that aims the individual analysis based in an energetic principle and, via this diagnosis, proceeds to treatment through various branches of Chinese Medicine. Acupuncture is the best known branch of Chinese Medicine and its practice is performed thru a technique that restores energy balance and body health, by inserting very fine needles into specific points of our body. Since 1979, the World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes Acupuncture as an effective therapeutic approach in the treatment of numerous diseases. Today, we can point out pathologies that are treatable by acupuncture with excellent results, such as:
- Musculoskeletal Disorders: neck pain, back pain, low back pain, sacroiliac pain, joint disorders (shoulder, knee and hip), epicondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Neurological disorders: headaches and migraines, sciatica, trigeminal neuralgia, facial paralysis, paralysis after stroke, Meniere’s syndrome, nocturnal enuresis.
- Psychic disorders: anxiety, stress, insomnia, depressive states, anorexia.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: acute and chronic colitis, nausea, constipation.
- Gynecological disorders: amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, menopause, infertility.
- Respiratory Tract and Skin Disorders: sinusitis, rhinitis, acute bronchitis, bronchial asthma, pharyngitis, psoriasis, acne, eczema, alopecia
- Other disorders and treatments: smoking, appetite changes, localized fat loss, wrinkles reduction, facelift and stretch marks and cellulite treatment.